Search My Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pitch Wars (Potential) Mentee Bio

Pitch Wars is the awesome thing you can read about if you click here. The submission window closed last night, and now tons and tons of hopeful writers are staring at the Pitch Wars feed and constantly checking email to see if they have page requests. Not that I know anything about that because, um, I'm not, like, obsessing or anything...ahem.


I turned in my submission last night! Yay!! Now that none of us can focus on anything else, there's this new thing where we make bios like the Mentors did. If it'll get me to look away from Twitter for a second, why not? Plus, EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT. Peer pressure is real.

 My name is Jessie. Actually it's Jessica, but that's feels so...


So I go by Jessie. Or Jess. Or sometimes Jessbaby McSwagg.  Because those feel more...


I have a hilarious, super cute sexy, cuddly, strong, hardworking husband named Gary. Or Gare. Or Garebaby McSwagg. We've been married for almost two years, and dating for a whole decade! Yes, we're middle school/high school sweethearts.

*Some facial hair has been added.

I have waaaay too much fun writing about periods, so I let out all that glory and gore on a blog called Period Fairy. Sometimes it's gross. Mostly funny. But also I have this thing where my jokes are so funny most people don't laugh...so...




I also have a short publication called Obstacles in Our Adventures on Whole Magazine.

The novel for which I submitted by query to Pitch Wars is a Contemporary Christian YA Thriller. I started in in 2010 when I had to write it in twenty eight days for my novel class at Hope College. I have since shaped and sharpened it, and it is the book of my heart.

Short list of things I do besides writing:
-Help lead youth group with my sister and the rest of our team of leaders
-Hang out with my husband and family and play stupid games
-Play Sims
-Read
-Peruse bookshelves
-Learn about babies and parenthood because I want da bebe!

Obessions:
-Organic hygiene
-Tea
-Books
-God's love for me
-Singing really loud while driving
-Swimming under water
-Shopping at thrift stores
-Listening to storms
-Gifs
-Supernatural



Thanks for taking the time to read! I hope the best to all my nemeses participating in Pitch Wars!

Cheers.


2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm totally entertained with that period blog of yours; entertaining and hilarious! XD Good going! And HOLY COW writing a book in 28 days!!! That's a huge deal *bows to the master writer*
    Good luck in PitchWars! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog! haha Thank you! And the twenty eight days was hard, but the stakes were high: Finish or fail the best class of my life. Good luck to you, too!

      Delete