Search My Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Unto Us a Book is Born! Well, Not Really Born...More Like Squeezed Word-by-Word Into Being.

Reader, this is my blog. Blog, this is my reader. Now that we're acquainted...I'm writing a book! Yes.

Ok, a little background (I promise it's very little). I went to Hope College for two years, took some sweet writing classes, then dropped out. In one of those classes, the goal was to write a 50,000 word novel in twenty eight days. That's how this book began.

This book, in case you were wondering, is called Picture Perfect. I'm now revising it.

I want to be a writer. God wants me to be a writer. So, I decided that if I want that and God wants that, I should probably be a writer. What better way than to stop wasting thousands of dollars on an education when instead I can educate myself by doing?

Now I'm writing--to the point where I want to bang my head into a wall--everyday. And I love it!

I'll stop blabbering now and tell you briefly what Picture Perfect is about.

Seventeen year old Adira, an aspiring photographer, comes back from her mission trip to Mexico with a dark secret. She hides the truth, wanting nothing more than to see the world through the rosy lens of her camera. Along with her secret, she buries her faith and denies God. Only when Adira finds out her best friend may meet the same terrible fate does she reveal the truth of what happened in Mexico. She must find the strength to trust love again in a world that has hurt her beyond repair.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Jessie! A goal to write 5,000 isn't that much for 28 days. I have to write a 3-3.5 K chapter every week, they should have made the class harder because yes, authors get pressure to write faster! I get a message every other day from someone telling me to release my next chapter soon, you'll feel a lot more pressure from fans than anybody else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap...it's supposed to say 50,000 words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I fixed it! Ha. Yeah, I'm sure the pressure it super crazy.

    ReplyDelete