Search My Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Sims Shmims

Last night I went to a women's group meeting at my church--it was our first get-together. After we ate some goodies (You know what's super tasty? Adding a cucumber slice to your cheese and cracker sandwich. It was almost as divine as the chocolate cake.) we went around and introduced ourselves by saying our name and what it is we do.

As I listened to the other women talk about their jobs and their families, I knew I should have felt hesitation about telling them I'm writing a book. Most people think I'm stupid for doing only that and not working or going to school in the meantime. But...I wasn't nervous. I knew I could be honest and open with this group of women. I knew they would get it or at least not judge me for it.

When it was my turn, I told them, with a smile, that I'm writing a book and currently working on the third revision. It's something God has me doing and something I can be proud of. (So often in the past I've said it with...I guess what I would describe as shame coming through my voice.) But I'm not ashamed. I'm excited.

They reacted so well--asked me what it was about and some of them told me it sounded like a best seller. (That one made me blush.) One lady told me God had put the story in my spirit, and yeah--He has. Adira's story is one I know God will use. I see the need for this story so often. And God has placed many clues in my life that this is the very story I'm meant to tell at this time.

Anyway. The past couple days have been a little stressful for whatever reason, and I feel a little bit like taking a mental health day and just playing Sims 3. Actually, saying "a little bit" is a huge understatement. That's all I can think about.

I almost closed the novel and turned on the 360, but then all those supporting, beautiful women popped into my mind and gave me the drive to resist that temptress of a game (And it really is--I get sucked in for hours.) and keep working hard on the book. If any of the said women are reading this--thank you. Your enthusiasm means a lot.
Because of you, today I write.     

No comments:

Post a Comment