Search My Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

This Title Sucks Butt

A quick update for you:

Adira is getting so much better! I've put many hours into shaping her each day since I realized she's not who I want her to be. 

Today I watched Disturbia (one of my favorites) and studied Cale's character to see what I love about him, since I wasn't sure. He's not a super complex guy, but...I like him. So, I got a lot from that and will be looking at some of my other favorite movies the same way. Why movies and not books? Movies are quicker and I don't get caught up in them as easily.


Now onto new business:

I've never liked the title Picture Perfect. I picked it the night before my manuscript was due simply because when I emailed my prof, completely freaking out about having no clue as to what I wanted for a title, she told me it didn't matter--I just needed a title.

I told myself I would change it later, and I just never have. According to this article I just read, it doesn't matter that much anyway because the publishers will probably change it. They know what sells.

I still haven't come up with a title I like (though to be honest I haven't put much thought into it yet). What I have been doing in the past ten minutes is playing with this. If you didn't follow the link for whatever reason, it's a random title generator. For funsies, here are some titles that made me laugh and that I will not use:

...

The Cracked Birth
The Lover's Pleasure (We all know what kind of book cover that belongs to!)
Splintered Sex (lolwut)
Hustler in the Truth
Body in the Someone

The Forgotten Sex (I don't know why I find all the sex titles funny...)
Wet Time (Oh, dear.)
...
Ok, I'll stop now. I should go be productive or something. But, hey, at least I found out what I don't want to use for my book! That's partially productive, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment