Search My Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Endings...Suck.

I was supposed to be done with the second revision of Picture Perfect yesterday, but I was busy one day, emotional the next, busy again, busy, busy...

Actually, I'm just afraid of endings. I totally could have fit it into my week. So. Deep breath.

I'm going to suck it up and barrel through the end. If it's cheesy or unrealistic, or if the whole town is hit with a  supernatural plague that didn't exist in the whole story, it_doesn't_matter. I can fix it, throw it against a wall to test whether or not it's done enough to stick, and chew on it to see how it tastes.

To get there, though, I just have to do it. Ending's are freakin' scary, but not as scary as my wonderful supporters who I hope support me enough to at least remind me I won't ever be a writer unless I write endings.

And now, my favorite (actually, the only one I like) quote about endings:


Endings are hard. Any chapped-a** monkey with a keyboard can poop out a beginning. But endings are impossible. You try to tie up every loose end, but you never can. The fans are always going to b%@#&. There's always going to be holes, and since it's the ending, it's all supposed add up to something. I'm telling you--they're a raging pain in the a**.
~Chuck Shirley, Supernatural (Eric Kripke's goodbye speech)

No comments:

Post a Comment