Search My Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Fuzzy Brain

Today, as soon as I sat at my computer to write, I whined. Like a five year old. It was annoying, even to myself. My boyfriend told me to quit whining and just do it, but...but...

I mean, I'm going to. Right now. Right after I procrastinate by writing this.

I like writing, really, I do. Revising, though, is not as much fun. It definitely has its moments, like when something changes and it's so much better. But most of the time, I don't look forward to it.

Holly Lisle sends emails out every week, and this weeks made me feel like a normal writer (whatever that is) because she talked about how hard revisions are--much harder than writing the first draft, and especially if it's your first time. Which it is. A light flashed on above my head, like "Ahh! This is what I should be feeling! This is what writers from many places and times are/have feeling/felt!"

This is her website, full of so many writer goodies. Sign up for her email if you write, too. She's hilarious and gets me through so many bouts of whining over my keyboard. Check her out. She has a place in my acknowledgments one day, most certainly.

Ok, I truly am going to work on the revision now... 



No comments:

Post a Comment