Search My Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Name Changes

I didn't want to, but I understand the hang-up, and it had to be done. So, I did it. I changed two character names.


Nadine "Dino" is now....(Wait for it! It's not as cool, but I think we can all get used to it, and it will make Adira's name that much more unique in the story.)...Lucy.

And Landry is now named...Jason.

What? Why??

A lot of people who I'd let read some of the story said the names were hard for them to get past. They kept getting Adira and Dino mixed up because of the similar "d" sound. And so many people in one group wouldn't all have such unique names. Unless this were The Hobbit. It's not, though, so...

A couple people did tell me they liked the names (so did I!). Thank you if you were one of them. Names are one of my favorite parts about creating a story. BUT if the names are such a hang-up to so many people, then they can't stay. I don't want to give any readers a reason to put the book down because the story  is so much more important than a couple names.

I'm happy to say, though, that Adira is still Adira. That name's a freakin' gem to this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment